Monday, June 12, 2006

Seeking Comfort

Was feeling very upset yesterday.. Needed comfort.. Din wanted to talk to God about it..
Was on my way to the airport to meet ke li.. then was so upset, i on my discman (yes, i still using cd player), then was listening to this secular love song.. then next track is a christian song.. then i decided to find comfort (or numb myself to put it in a real way) in tht song, so i repeated tht song.. Then mainly becoz i dun want it to skip to the next christian song, totally din wanna listen to God at all..
Was seating on the train, (then you know the waiting time from tanah merah is so long one) then the more i listen, the more upset i become, then the more i think about why i am upset, images flow thru my head, ahh... but i still dun wanna talk to God, dun wanna let Him comfort me..
Ultimately, when i reach airport, i decided to change track.. I decided to listen to the christian song.. Then i kind of cried.. I realised how foolish i was.. i choose to let the world comfort me.. and i choose to believe tht i can go thru this alone.. In fact, i thought i could let go of the thing i wanna let go with my own will power, own wisdom and own strength.. and when i get hurt in the process, once again i choose to let others comfort me.. seeking love from man alone.. i thought "what can God do about it?".. i was so wrong..
"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength." 1 Corinthians 1:25
He spoke to me thru the song.. I went back to Him in prayers.. He comforted me..
I am still recovering.. In the process of setting my heart right again, in the process of getting healed.. I dunno how the thing will end up to be like, but i know God will hold me in His arms, and i will be secure in Him.
Just wanna encourage you guys who read this blog.. That no matter what happens, God is there to comfort us, to carry us through our problems.. Even if you dun believe in the name of Jesus now, one day if you feel that the world can't comfort you anymore, and you are willing to open your heart to let God comfort you, call on His name and He will hear you.. Seek comfort in Him for He cares for us..
He comforted me, and i know He will be there for you too :)

No comments: