Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sins

I mentioned the other time that i would be having some reflections on sin... not that i have already reflected upon them... Just that i've learnt recently more about ppl's sins, and my own...

I guess everyone has his/her own struggles... not i guess.. i know... and many times, you can't based on how it looks on the surface...

i was talking to some ppl about how you really cannot judge the other ppl based on looks... most ppl says first impression counts... i guess it is true for all ppl... for me, it used to be the first impression, you must give me the "decent" look... give an example... Mr Pereira and Mr Chee... Based on looks, i would have a better impression on Mr Pereira rather than Mr Chee, though the latter is much better looking and "cooler"... but Mr Chee spikes his hair and is quite fashionable.. and... i sometimes dun really understand why sometimes these ppl must waste their time spiking their hairs.. on the contrary, Mr Pereira dun spikes his hair, he has this toot toot image, and i just kind of like such serious ppl... Jia Mian was like that or is like that also... Ok... Back to Mr Pio and Mr Chee... As times pass, i got to know Mr Chee better and he is really soooo nice la... and Mr Pio is not that nice after all, he made me cry more than once becoz of math... So basically my impression changed after i got to know ppl more...
My point... I used to sterotype ppl based on whether they dye or spike their hair.. I dun really like... I don't show it... but... i guess i would feel in my heart, "these ppl wun fall in my category of heart attacks." haha... ok... this is a small point... My bigger point is... i guess all of us have our own struggles... maybe some ppl would prefer to spent more time on their hair or clothes... you see... just different... like how i spent more time on lazing around.. that is my struggle... just tht the former one is my evident... lazing around is something i do in my private sphere... oh well...

this is suppose to be a more serious post... really realised about how one's sins can affect ppl around him/her... i guess i am hurt... ok... i am hurt... but... i know Daddy is going to bring me thru...

it is time i face my sins too... anw... i hereby declare that yup... i can sense it again... i can sense the tearing apart of my soul and my heart... how it is coming again... just like how it came a few years back... the hurts are coming back... but it once again teaches me to rely on Him...

"We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Romans 7:14-25

Mrs Goh shared this passage with me the other time when i am upset... when i am dragged down by all the things that is happening around me... when all the evil things are happening around me... God is the only one picking me up from this body of death.

"To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Yup... His power is made perfect in my weaknesses...

Sins... How i long to leave it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was here =D sihui.. i love you k! HEHE i gaobai-ing here :P