Saturday, March 08, 2008

Finally... I am really leaving...

Yup... Yesterday was my last day as an English teacher at St'Gab... I cried during the last ten minutes of lessons with 3T1. They are my favourite bunch of kids.. kids who respect me and love me for who i am.. They do make fun of me, but... i really enjoy their presence... They asked for a farewell speech... and there stood a 19 year old, unable to hold back her emotions, and tears rolled down... in the end, i had a farewell compre instead.. i typed out my speech, with teary eyes.. met some of the sec 2 boys, guys whom i did not teach... One of them handed me a belated birthday card, only to be told that i was leaving... went into the staff room and saw the choc cup cake one of the boys gave me, as a belated bday present, and a farewell gift as well... Sat down at my desk, only to be reminded of the silly boys who wrote sweet cards and notes of encoragements... A bear, a book and a bar of choc stood at one corner... haiz...

After 1 term, i have grown emotionally attached to the place... I love the boys...

I appreciated the times when the 3T1 boys share with me their struggles and simply treating me as a part of them, yet willing to respect me as a teacher as well.. Martin, Sree, Andrew... ... ... Just simply love them....

I have grown to love the 3N1 kids as well.. Got to know a number of them better... Granted, i still cannot control the kids appropriately... But like my 3T1 kids, they are getting better... I remembered Kim, (a Korean boy) asking me not to quit... From a boy who doesn't do his work at all, he has imroved.. Prasand, Dillion... They have grown and mature over the term... I know they are nice boys by nature... They just need to know that someone is willing to love them and give them a chance... i will miss the nice kids as well... ppl like jia ming and patrick... :'( I remembered once when the kids stood up and greeted "黄老师早安!"... I am an English Teacher mind you!

I have diminish love for 2N2... Maybe only except Kian How... He is a weird kid in school... But i really see him changing... It pricked me the other day to hear him say "Being good is so difficult, nobody believe you one..." haiz... i believed him... and i know he is a bright boy with great potential... He needs love... not from man... from the Divine one who provides eternally.. Will miss the kids like Simran and Sherwin, Jerome and Faris, Kakershaw and gang... They are the few who will listen to me in class... Will miss Simran's smile.. The way he keep pestering me to go to the toilet, and doing a home run whenever he does well for his tests or assignments... And that silly Yi Sheng... The way he kept counting down to my birthday and saying silly things... How he and some others planned a birthday surprise for me but turned out to be not surprising at all.. Haha... And how can i forget Misha Anthony Monteiro Yeo... He calls me a PEASANT! He calls everyone Peasants... But at least he called me a scholar before.. Haha... He corrected my pronounciation... "Mam, is CAME-Bridge, not CAM(P)-Bridge" Haha... He is so silly... A rich kid who eats a bar of chocs that cost 100 bucks... I will keep the book he gave me with some other friends...

I will miss the times when my 1E4 calls me Miss Adorable, Miss Horny, Auntie Adorable, Auntie Horny... I still remembers how they greeted me so uniformly when the "touch" community fascillitators came... "Good Morning Auntie!"... And walking as a gang to the front door of the staff room, surrounding me and screaming at the top of their lungs "Happy Birthday Auntie Horny!"... I am sensitive to the word "Auntie" now... ha... How about Auntie Ah Meng!

The kids in 2E1... Haiz... Lim Soo Yong was so sad when he got to know that i was leaving.. He is so feminine sometimes... But so sentimental... "老师,不要走可以吗?我很舍不得。。。" Aww... haha... reminded me of Kian How.. But Kian How is a silly boy... haha... haha.... hahahahahaha....

The guys from 4E6... I will remember how every morning, i will check the relief schedule to seek a chance to go in to relief their class.. They are really a bunch of nice and cute guys... I still remember how attentive they were when i was sharing my JC life... Hee... They just look so charming... Made friends with some of them... Ppl like Keith, Leroy and Leon... Oh, and the Bald handsome, Chin Hong... They celebrated my birthday with me, and started calling me "sihui" officially after that...

The random kids in school... Haiz... Kids whom i got to know simply by going into their class...

The colleagues... Lin Lao Shi... He is my dream guy... But another married man... haha... He is a brother from St'Andrew Cathedral.. Will miss him, his lameness and his advices... Nora... Will miss the times she calls me darling and blow kisses at me... And how she refuses to let me do the spiderman kiss on her... The silly Gerard with his "sihui" song... Andrew and his shuttlecocks... But his many encouragements and help here and there will be remembered as well, along with all the torturing... Iris for her presence and her listening ear.. Perry and the rest will be missed as well... Ms Jessica Yap aka Mrs Chee... Aww... I shall not continue.. Will just miss them... For Pris... I thank God for her... So much... 非笔墨所能形容。。。

The first pic i took with Leroy and Keith after helping them with debate...Keith gave me slippers on my birthday... And a beautiful card as well:
Chin Hong is a handsome young chap, who just need to be humble...
My 2N2 monkeys... Whom i have grown to love... The guy beside me, Kian How!
The first time out with kids who are vain...


思念总在离别后。。。我并没有等到失去了才懂得珍惜。虽然知道迟早要分离,但我早已经将感情投入在他们身上了。怎么知道,不论是悲或喜,是乐或忧,思念仍然总在离别后。我没有办法掩饰心中的悲痛。。。

Some ppl will ask... Why not stay then...

I've asked myself what have i done? What difference did i make over here? Has this job brought me closer to Christ? Have i glorified Him?

我学到了很多。。When it is time to leave, it is time to leave... I don't want to teach something that i do not have a passion for... It is about influencing them to love the subject so that they will be self-motivated... But i don't love it myself... I believe they will benefit more from someone else... I am leaving them in good hands... These kids will soon forget... As for me, i am waiting for the Lord to lead me to another place :)

Ha... Another thing took place yesterday... Went back to NY to collect results... Leroy and Keith followed us... To give us moral support and to visit our school...

I remembered mentioning about getting the results from God's hands... Ha... From a servant of Christ, called Mr Mao...
Hist:A, Econs:B, Chinese:C, Math:A, Gp:B

I am filled with joy and thanksgiving... Knowing that God is in control no matter what... And praying that my friends who din do well to trust as well... It is difficult.. But it is a process where we learn to trust and build our faith..

I thanked most of the teachers who taught me and impacted my life in one way or the other.. So what if i got the B for Econs, i still love the subject.. Mr Haniss, Mr Nathan and Mr BEAN have inspired me so much... It is about inspiration, not about the grades... And i was glad i got inspired by most of the teachers in JC... So much so that i am a bit at a lost what to do next... But Christ will keep leading me... Carrying me through every single phase of my life... All i need to do is trust and allow Him to lead me...

Another beautiful song to share...



He carried me
It's only when I looked back and trace the way
My crooked path has wandered
I see the footprints in the sand
Then I realised You were there beside me
Every single day

You carried me through all of my trials
You carried me when I was troubled and alone
When my strength had gone
Couldn't get along without You

You carried me so I wouldn't stumble
You carried me just when I needed someone there
Who would be a friend
And I reached the end because He carried me

And now as I turn to face the narrow way
With shadows growing longer
I know my Savior's by my side
Always there for me
And He'll care for me when the enemy draws near

He carried me through all my trials
He carried me when I was troubled and alone
When my strength had gone
Couldn't get along without Him

He carried me so I wouldn't stumble
He carried me just when I needed someone there
Who would be a friend
And I reached the end because He carried me



He carried me through all these experiences... The A'level monster, the monsters at St'Gab... Who is greater? My God or the enemy? "My God is so Big.. So strong and so mighty there's nothing my God cannot do..." There's nothing He cannot do... The Most High King chose to love me...

I cannot thank Daddy enough.. Things and ppl can change, but let my love for Him never die as I am embraced by His love every single moment...

No comments: